Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 19, 2010

Perfect World Game review

Perfect World Game review

Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
Playerbase: High
Graphics: High Quality
Type: MMORPG
EXP Rate: Low
PvP: Open PvP / Realm Wars [Guild Vs Guild]




As a hard core gamer, I have a high rating when it comes to the game that I will be playing.  When they said online game, I really am looking forward to the graphics, game play, character involvement and many more.  A friend referred me to this game, and as an Asian, it caught my attention seeing the characters in the game.  The theme looks closely like to an ancient Chinese civilization.

I started creating my character after a tremendous signing/ filling up forms needed to have an accounts.  I started to be amazed upon seeing the character customization panel, where undergoing in this will somehow have a unique character.  From head to toe, all things are customizable. Make body parts big small, all sizes and colors and even hair styles..  I wanted to create a Chuck Norris look-a-like character but I can’t perfectly create a Norris clone
After the customization, I created a human Wuxia
WuXia
Wuxia's are close combat warriors who are potent with or without weapons. They are swift, agile and quick to attack and evade assailants.
Wuxias as swordsmen weigh themselves on chivalry and the mastery of the different fighting arts through continuous practice and training.
They are balanced both on attacking and defending enemies; plus their knowledge of the uses of different kinds of weapons, superior physical attack prowess and mastery of the fighting arts, brings forth a deadly combination of power and speed that makes the Wuxia a formidable foe to contend with.

While playing the game I actually noticed the awesome graphics of this game, it doesn’t give an eyesore to the first time players.  All graphics are well-polished, the grass, falls leaves and trees are more close to reality. 
At first I just thought the game has a glitch in character actions, coz I have seen an insanely character jumps from where I am standing going to the roof of a house.  And I tried it and for my surprise, my character too is insane…LOL characters have the ability to use dual jump.  Pressing space bar twice.
Mount? Well, its also awesome!  Actually I got amazed when I finally got the chance to ride a mount.  For me it’s a huge flying sword, I saw others using their skill to shape shift into a fox and other character has a build in wings 

The server has a very slow experience rate where I spent nearly 1 month just for reaching level 47, though I enjoyed doing their quest.  But sometimes questing confuzles me

Pros: +Top-notch graphics, +Innovative character creation, +In-game radio, +Flying mounts, +Plenty of GM Events, +Good music
Cons: -Dull combat, -Uninspiring quests, -Slow-paced game play, -Only six playable classes

1 comments:

zuliny said...

This game is like a hamster wheel, taking years, doing the same quests over and over to raise the levels of all your skills, boundaries and equipment. The alternative is to sink thousands upon thousands of dollars into the game to buy the more elite gear and items to level more quickly. It is no surprise that items to allow individuals to automatically level their character are made available at a very high cost. It is 100% Pay2Win.

It has a very elitist culture. With PWE constantly removing the ability for individuals to be able to get squads, due to inferior equipment, they make it more difficult for struggling players by removing items from being able to be earned from a solo endeavour making it very difficult to progress in this game. Other players constantly ask that you show your weapon before granting you an invitation to a squad.
Items that were previously able to be earned through tasks in game are removed and put into the cash shop on a regular basis. This can make it difficult or more likely impossible to be able to improve your gear or abilities without paying real world money, when coming late to the game, due to established players having been able to acquire it more easily.

Many elite players have confessed to spending between $5,000 and $15,000 to be able to compete within PvP. PvP has become incredibly unbalanced, with characters that are over powered able to take out characters that were originally designed as tanks in game with a single blow.

The company has been mismanaging its games for many years now. This has been reflected in the great many lay offs of employees in the company, the rapid decline in its share prices and the closing of many of its divisions. Servers have been merged many times over the years, with only one quarter of the servers remaining now, due to only having one eighth of the population they once had. It is estimated that many of the games that PWE support won't last more than 2 to 3 years, so investing time or money in their games would be a complete waste.

I have played this game for 9 years and have seen it go from being one of the greatest MMO’s to the mess that it is now. I more than anyone would love to see someone come on board with the courage to do what is necessary to turn this game around. I had many family and friends that used to play this game, that have all quit and never anticipate returning. Although I loved playing this game, even I can’t encourage others to play this game with a clear conscience.

Don't be mislead by individuals that lie and tell you that elite gear can be easily obtained for free, they have an ulterior motive. The population of this game is dying at an incredible rate and those that have spent countless hours and thousands of dollars will do anything to keep it alive, even trying to encourage others to join by feeding them lies about how simple it is to not spend money and achieve high level gear and abilities. Unless your idea of a great weekend is being constantly one shot by these individuals, I would highly advise trying another game. Unfortunately greed and selfishness dominate this game.

Other games that won't have your bank manager calling you in a hysteric and allow you to compete on a more even playing field more quickly would be "Tera" or "Elder Scrolls Online".

Post a Comment

you can follow me on my facebook account
http://www.facebook.com/people/Mashed-Tomato/100001346301763?ref=search

and my fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MY-GAME-REVIEWS/144753932207614